CURRENT LEVEL 3 STATUS IN NAHANT: UPDATED March 28, 2018
There Is Currently One Level 3 Sex Offender Residing In Nahant – Clements, William
Sex Offenders – Level 3
Pursuant to M.G.L. c. 6 Sec. 178C-178P, Any individuals who appear on this page have been Designated as Level 3 Sex Offenders by the Sex Offender Registry Board. The Board has determined that these individuals are at a high risk to re-offend and that the degree of dangerousness posed to the public is such that a substantial public safety interest is served by active community notification. These individuals are not wanted by the police.
Sex offender registry information SHALL NOT be used to commit a crime or to engage in illegal discrimination or harassment of a listed offender. Any person who uses information disclosed pursuant to M.G.L. c. 6 Sec. 178C-178P for such purposes shall be punished by not more than 2 1/2 years in the house of correction or by a fine of not more than $1000.00 or both. (M.G.L. c.6 sec 178N) In addition, any person who uses Registry information to threaten to commit a crime may be punished by a fine of not more than $100.00 or imprisonment in the house of correction for not more than 6 months. (M.G.L. c. 275 Sec. 4). The Nahant Police Department will not tolerate any violations of the above notice.
For information about Sex Offender Classification levels and other pertinent facts, please visit the Sex Offender Registry Board Website.
To review all available sex offender information for the Town of Nahant, you may come to the police department at any time. You will be required at that point to fill out a request form, and then you will be provided with information for all current LEVEL 2 (moderate risk to re-offend) and LEVEL 3 (high risk to re-offend) offenders. LEVEL 1 (low risk to re-offend) offender information is not available to the public.
Other Links to Sex Offender Information:
Massachusetts Sex Offender Online Search Page – Please be advised that level 2 sex offenders that were classified AFTER July 12, 2013 may now appear in this search. Level 2 offenders classified as such PRIOR to July 12, 2013 remain available only by inquiry to the Nahant Police Department.
Resources for Additional Information & Assistance
- Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry Board – (978) 740-6500
- Massachusetts Parole Board – (617) 727-3271
- Office of the Commissioner of Probation – (617) 727-5300
- Department of Public Health – Sexual Assault Prevention and Survivor Services – (617) 624-5457
- Jane Doe Inc: The Massachusetts Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence – (617) 248-0922
- Stop It Now – (413) 268-3096
- Massachusetts Citizens for Children – (617) 742-8555
- Massachusetts Association for Treatment of Sexual Abusers (MATSA) – (508) 650-4800
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children – (800) THE-LOST (843-5678)
- KlaasKids – (415) 331-6867
- Center for Sex Offender Management – (301) 589-9383